How the new Government guidelines affect your visit:
As you are all aware, from Monday 19 July, the national Covid guidelines changed. We here at Chichester Cinema at New Park received guidance from the UK Cinema Association, and our landlords the New Park Community and Arts Association revised their procedures as per the Government issued guidance.
Richard Warburton (Operations Manager) and I have installed the following procedures:
- Social Distancing in the auditorium has now ended – however we provide a selected number of socially Distanced screenings for the more popular films. It is worth noting that the air conditioning systems in both the Auditorium and the Studio draw in fresh air and have their own air supply (i.e. not shared).
- Face Coverings are no longer be compulsory – but their use is strongly encouraged.
- Covid Cleaning in between each film (auditorium and toilets) will continue will continue until further notice.
- Bar operating hours typically align with our film schedule, however there may be a reduced service. If you wish to become a bar volunteer, please contact Patrick Doyle at the New Park Centre (firstname.lastname@example.org). Some furniture has also been removed to provide a bit more space for distancing.
- We still encourage booking online via our website and contactless payment at the box office
- Hand sanitiser will still be easily accessible at various points around the Centre
I have a physical or learning disability, will this affect my visit?
- Subtitled performances continue as usual and we are introducing more accessible screenings over the coming months.
- Accessible toilet facilities are open for customer use
- If you have a physical disability, it is important to be aware of the type of physical assistance our staff normally provide, such as; a guiding elbow or an arm — we would still like to minimise direct contact, if you require this support please organise to bring someone with you. Refer to the UK Cinema Association (UKCA) for further information*.
- The restrictions on physical contact do not apply in an emergency and will not for example affect our ability to evacuate customers from our cinema safely.
*The CEA Card is a national card scheme developed for UK cinemas by the UKCA. The Card enables a disabled cinema guest to receive a complimentary ticket for someone to go with them when visiting our cinema.
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has returned to our cinema, observed the guidelines, and helped make the magic of cinema safer.
Cinema Director & Programmer
17 Sep 2021