How we have prepared for your return
The UK Government has studied the scientific data, and proclaimed that cinemas would be allowed to open from Mon 17 May. We decided to open on the first Friday after that date (21 May). Together with Allison and Patrick from the New Park Centre, we have combined the guidelines from both the National Cinema and Community Centre Associations who have both worked with the Government to arrive at the safest conditions that allow us to go on screen.
Please take note of these extra guidelines as they are a condition of your entry into the Cinema:
- Entrance into the building will be only via the box office foyer door.
- Visors are no longer acceptable as face coverings, unless you cannot wear a face mask due to health reasons, whereby you will be permitted to wear a visor only.
- Please call the box office before booking if you cannot wear a mask for medical reasons.
- The Box Office will only be open for face-to-face transactions from 15:00 to 16:00 seven days a week. Please note that the Box Office will not be open at the start of each film. Tickets must be purchased in advance.
- Doors to the New Park Centre will open 15 minutes before each screening.
- You will be guided directly into the auditorium.
- Refreshments will be available, but there will be no chairs or tables in the foyer or bar.
- All screenings will have approximately 10 minutes of trailers (there will be no ads).
- Once films start, there will be no latecomers allowed into the building.
- We ask all patrons to practice social distancing when exiting.
- Exit will be only through the southern (Picture Palace) side of the building.
- Toilets will be accessible on a one in, one out arrangement.
- Children (4-14 years-old) must also wear a face covering unless you have contacted the box office prior to booking.